Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus, get access to the latest and greatest content from BuzzAura.
Whatever skin type or condition you may have (oily, dry, combination, dull, acne, sunburn, unwanted facial hair even), the last thing you would want is irritants or ingredients that don't serve you to exacerbate existing conditions, or worse, trigger new problems both in (what you apply topically seeps into your internal system) and out.
Many people are now opting for natural solutions over consumer brand products because of the hidden harmful ingredients in the latter. In natural remedies widely used, turmeric is the oft-underrepresented ingredient that rises above the rest like the golden Sun to pull us through skin nightmare after another.
With its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, turmeric can repair various skin conditions, such as the aforementioned acne, sunburn, sallowness, as well as alleviate the appearance of facial hair in women. It even goes so far as to release toxins from your lymph nodes and fat cells of the breasts when applied topically with castor oil.
Turmeric is also rich in potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, all of which contribute to brighter complexion, clearer pores, hydration, as well as the making of collagen!
Proven more effective than many pharmaceuticals in preventing or easing debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer’s, arthritis, and cancer without the side effects, Turmeric is the multipurpose game-changing ingredient to mix into your life.
for dull, sallow skin in need of a lift
1. Work ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado, and 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt into a mixture
2. Pat/distribute evenly onto face
3. Leave mask on for 5 minutes
4. Rinse off with lukewarm water
Avocado will moisturize and tighten pores with its natural oils and fatty acids, while yogurt will remove excess sebum, killing acne-causing bacteria with its live cultures.
for dry skin in need of hydration
1. Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of milk, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey thoroughly in a bowl
2. Apply a thin layer to cleansed (best if with warm water for optimal absorption of nutrients) face
3. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until the face mask dries completely.
4. Rinse with cool water
Honey lightens dark spots/skin discolorations while providing moisture; milk gently exfoliates and shrinks large pores, as well as combat oxidative stress; the combination of these two ingredients with a touch of turmeric will hydrate and illuminate!
For oily skin in need of toning
1. Combine 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of honey (add wheat or rice flour if thicker consistency is desired)
2. Apply to dry cleansed face
3. Let sit for approximately 10 minutes
4. Rinse off with warm water
Lemon juice (should always be diluted when applied to skin) deep-cleanses pores, reducing pollution, dirt, and sebum, while honey counters it with moisture and hydration.
These ingredients are all you need for easy-to-make, gentle, yet nourishingly effective skin treatments!
Sign up our Newsletter for Free. Be the first to find what's new on BuzzAura.