Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus, get access to the latest and greatest content from BuzzAura.
Yogurt has more functions than you could possibly imagine! Other than hydrating and brightening your skin, it also removes dead skin cells, minimizes pores, and gives your skin extra glow. Besides, it contains high levels of lactic acid, which exfoliates the skin in a harmless and gentle way.
Try the following recipes of yogurt face mask and see for yourself!
Before beginning the process of making and applying the masks, here are several tips to get the most out of this beauty experience:
1. Use Greek yogurt since it is plain and unsweetened, otherwise some skin irritations could occur.
2. Before applying this mask, steam your face to open up your pores and help your skin better absorb nutrients of the mask.
3. Better tie your hair back or keep your hair away from your face.
4. Moisturize your skin with a drop or two of olive oil if it feels a bit stiff after applying the mask.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and salicylic acid which brighten and cleanse oily skin. Honey is applied here to help bring out the anti-bacterial function of this face mask.
· 3 large and ripe strawberries
· 1 TB Greek yogurt
· 1 teaspoon (preferably raw) honey
1. Mash the strawberries with the back of a fork until the strawberries look like baby food.
2. Add the yogurt and honey to the well-mashed strawberries, and mix them up by stirring.
3. Apply the mask to the face, and let it stay on for 15 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
1. It will feel very "wet" and runny when it's first applied. After a few minutes, the mask will dry on the face and turn a darker shade of pink--this is normal.
2. As for maintenance and storage, the mask can be freezed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Before applying it, let the mask rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
The rich omega-3 fatty acids in avocados help moisturize skin perfectly without clogging pores, while honey is a natural humectant for skin hydration.
· 1 teaspoon yogurt
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· ¼ avocado
1. Mash avocado in a small bowl.
2. Add honey and yogurt and combine until mostly smooth - a few lumps are just fine.
3. Apply a thick layer onto your skin. Let sit for 10-15 minutes or longer. Rinse it off with warm wash. Finish by splashing with cool water and applying your favorite moisturizer.
This mask may be used 2-3 times a week. Enjoy!
Oatmeal is an absorbent that sucks out all the bad oil that clogs pores hence preventing acne and blackheads. Honey here once again serves as the moisturizer.
· 1 teaspoon yogurt
· 1 teaspoon honey
· 1 teaspoon oats
1. Mix all the ingredients up in a small bowl and stir up well.
2. Apply a thick coat to your face and let it stay for 15 minutes.
3. Gently rinse your face with warm water and ensure the entire mask comes off.
4. Splash cold water on your face to close up your pores. Pat dry with a soft clean towel.
Now, pick one that you think works best for your skin issues and get going!